A couple months ago, I commissioned the Elmer Gomer embroidery company to create 20 Kinopio patches. I’m a little ashamed at how long they’ve been sitting on my desk – but also a little proud to say that you can now buy one for yourself at the Pop-Up Shop. Sew or stick it on a sweater, hat, or bag. Or just pet its soft soft corduroy insides.
I’ve never sold anything physical before, so I was wondering…
- Will people buy real-life Kinopio stuff?
- How fast will it sell?
- How hard is it to build a store and ship stuff?
I’m not sure yet if I’ll produce more physical objects in the future (it’s pretty stressful), but these patches won’t be made again.
It's been a busy month, I hope you enjoy the fruits of my labour.
- Use the dot grid background to give spaces a more paper-like feel
- Hold space and drag to pan is especially handy for getting around if you're using a mouse with a scroll wheel
- /new URL shortcuts to create daily journals and new spaces at the speed of thought
- Updated Kinopio font with new latin characters to support languages like French and Vietnamese
- Today’s journal space is highlighted, to help you reference and add to your journal throughout the day
In the next month, I’m focused on improving filters, adding support for markdown
h2 headers in cards, and performance improvements for extra large spaces with 500+ cards.