It's been a while since I've sent one of these bulletins out, looking back over this very long list of changes it feels like I built a whole other app in that time.
But there's a flip side of this all progress, there are tons of people who would really enjoy using Kinopio to solve problems and sort out their thoughts – but they've never even heard of it because I've mostly been coding.
To help with that, I've brought on Ola part-time to grow awareness. If you see her in the Discord (as @kohola) do be sure to say hi!
- Space Stats, for the curious at heart
- Optimized Performance so that loading, scrolling, and editing cards in your spaces is now ~25% faster
- Straight Connection Lines helpful for diagrams and more technical ideas
- Resize Youtube Videos
- Create Boxes around Cards to quickly create structure around ideas
- Hover Glow highlights connected cards on hover
- Positional Zoom improves space zooming on desktop (and replaces minimaps)
- Presentation Mode hides the UI to put the focus solely on your content
- Color Swatch Cards is helpful for moodboards
- Inbox Cards List makes it easy to move cards from Inbox to your current Space
- Z-Toggle Zoom Out for quickly peeking out and in on a space
- Box Snapping. Drag boxes close to each other to snap them together
- Raycast Extension. Quickly capture ideas to your inbox with the Kinopio extension for Raycast on macOS
- Pen Pals Frame. The perfect frame for your missives and manifestos
- Dark Mode. Whether you're a night owl or into the mysterious and cool, dark mode is here for you
- Streamlined Background. The UI for changing space backgrounds has been streamlined to be more direct and intuitive to use
- Kinopio on Mastodon. To help everyone moving on from Twitter, I cross-post all @kinopio content to Mastodon now